SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Associate Director, US Supply Chain is responsible for implementing supply chain strategy and commercialization of new molecules, as defined by the Vice President US Supply Chain, and the Director, US Supply Chain. The position is accountable for related performance; supply continuity; resolving poor supplier performance; product/portfolio launches; building trust and strong relationships with our partners; integration of new CMOs/enterprises into Alvogen’s external/internal network; and for ensuring that supply chain due diligence is performed on potential M&A targets. Continuous improvement and adhoc issue resolution to drive improvement of customer service levels with minimum inventory, at the lowest costs and in full compliance of all relevant regulations and standards.
The Associate Director, US Supply Chain is based in our New Jersey office and reports directly to the Director, US Supply Chain, based in Malta. The position works in collaboration with cross functional groups including Quality, Research & Development, Project Management, Legal, Regulatory, Commercial and Business Development.
Primary responsibilities of this role include the following:
- Responsible for implementing the previously defined supply strategy for launch and commercialization of new products, with key focus on the biopharmaceuticals portfolio;
- Manage supplier relationships within the framework of the supply management strategy defined by the Director, US Supply Chain, to ensure supply continuity;
- As directed, represent Supply Chain on Due Diligence activities and ensure insight is incorporated into the Due Diligence decisions; assess capability of the Supply Chain for supply continuity post-launch; identify key risks and mitigations needed. Provide input to ensure due consideration of areas such as stability, testing sites, batch size and complexity in the filing strategy and post-approval submissions;
- Ensure designated Supply Chain network design is appropriate for commercial supply – analysis of Supply Chain capability against forecasts and projected demand;
- Define areas of efficiency and simplification for post-launch activities; liaising with Regulatory, Quality Assurance, Suppliers and other key functions as needed to ensure material supply with the shortest possible cycle times;
- Apply End-to-end operational excellence analysis to reduce lead time and cycle time, implementing subsequent initiatives without sacrificing quality;
- Drive supplier performance improvement through implementation of the previously defined supplier performance strategy;
- Coordinate activities with Quality Assurance and Technical departments as needed to ensure product and process integrity;
- Adhere to acceptable standards of business ethics and integrity, and comply with all federal state and local laws, rules and regulations in all aspects of business always;
- Maintain compliance with Alvogen quality system, rules, procedures and guidelines.
- Education: A degree in Operations, Engineering or Supply Chain with a focus in Science, or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of Supply Chain and Logistics experience in pharmaceuticals.
- Specific biopharmaceuticals experience is required, and product technical knowledge and/or production process exposure would be advantageous.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of US regulatory agency expectations, specifically with respect to new product launches and commercialization.
- Experience in Procurement or Contract Management.
- Demonstrated experience managing product launches and material supply.
The Associate Director, US Supply Chain requires experience in Biopharmaceutical Supply Chains and an understanding of associated production requirements. They must be familiar with production planning systems, logistics and product launches and have solid experience with Operational Excellence programs. The Associate Director, US Supply Chain proactively takes accountability for tasks; demonstrates flexibility and initiative; leads people and improves processes; has an ability to work either independently or in a team environment and is adept at prioritizing responsibilities and managing multiple tasks. This position requires creative problem-solving abilities, strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and an ability to work effectively with a broad range of people and at all levels of the organization. Cross-functional leadership and the ability to motivate personnel and Third-Party suppliers is crucial. The individual must be able to understand contract language and negotiate favorable terms for the company. As the portfolio representative of Supply Chain interests within Alvogen and the face of Alvogen externally, professionalism, credibility and integrity are critical characteristics of the individual.
Drive for results
Building team spirit
We are an EEO Employer.