The Corporate Development Manager will Lead and/or assist projects in support of Corporate Development initiatives, such as product financial modeling, M&A, analysis of financial statements, creation of long range financial plan, and other ad-hoc requests.
Corporate Development Manager would report to Corporate Development Director and has no direct reports.
Primary responsibilities of this role include the following:
Create advanced product financial models in Excel, for BD and portfolio projects, by collaborating with a cross-functional team to understand all relevant inputs to determine appropriate valuation metrics (NPV & DCF) for various business opportunities.
Assist Senior Management by providing support on various financial exercises, such as long range financial plan (LRFP / 5YP), rolling annual forecasts, financing activities, and other ad-hoc analyses.
Lead some monthly reporting activities, such as providing market share data to relevant stakeholders and understanding competitive landscape by following competitor’s investor relations summaries.
- BA – (Master’s preferred, but not required) plus 3 to 5 years of prior experience.
- Strong data modeling and financial analytics experience in Excel
- Thorough understanding of financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flows, and statement of changes in equity)
- Ability to create NPV and DCF calculations
- Ability to influence and provide strategic recommendations to senior level executives
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to challenge conventional approaches and offer alternative solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure and navigate through a fast pace environment
- Prior banking experience preferred (but not required)
- Generic pharmaceutical industry experience preferred (but not required)
"We are an EEO Employer"