The Director, Project Management is responsible for supporting department and company initiatives; supervising 1-3 Project Managers; and serving as Project Manager on high profile projects.
The candidate must have project management experience in the generic pharmaceutical industry and with generic development of various dosage forms including solid oral, soft gels, capsules, transdermal delivery systems, liquids, sublingual films, and injectables. The incumbent will be working in a fast paced and dynamic team environment handling a varied portfolio of high visibility projects with many stakeholders and sometimes competing priorities.
In addition to direct supervision of project managers, the Director will support cross functional / cross project assignments in the R&D arena, along with corporate and departmental initiatives including infra-structure build to ensure that project management best practices are being employed across projects.
Additionally, the incumbent will lead cross functional project teams, including internal and third party, to drive development; establish project plans with milestones and deliverables; and support validation and launch activities for the U.S. Generics portfolio. The position will include some travel and may require meeting with internal and external clients outside of normal business hours.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Project Management. This position will have 1-3 direct reports.
- Direct supervision of Project Management staff including performance management, monitoring portfolio progress, and escalation of critical breakdowns.
- Ensuring accuracy of project data that feeds into business information tools for updates to upper management including data that is reviewed by the CEO and Board.
- Scenario planning and risk assessment
- Proactively shepherding projects thru the Stage Gate process.
- Interfacing with all levels of management and ensuring alignment throughout the organization.
- Serving as Project Manager for high profile projects
- Support Company & Department Initiatives
- Minimum education: BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university preferably in science or engineering. MS or MBA is a plus.
- Fifteen plus years of pharmaceutical experience with at least 8 years in Generic project management, development thru launch, and 3 years in a project management supervisory role.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical development process from R&D inception through launch for multiple dosage forms including solid oral, injectable, cream, ointment, liquid, patch, film etc. Experience in cGMP pharmaceutical R&D and / or Manufacturing Operations a plus
- Experience working with third party CMOs on development and project launches
- Recognized leader in previous organizations. Highly motivated and self-starter.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail while meeting time commitments. Exceptional organizational skills and follow through.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project, and SharePoint.
GMP DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY
We are an EEO Employer.