The Facilities Manager is responsible for making sure that the buildings and their services are operated and maintained in a cost-effective manner while providing safe, clean and comfortable work environment. This position is responsible for all Facilities and Utilities, EH&S, Maintenance, Small projects and Renovations, Cleaning Services, Premises Security, Interface with various Government Agencies and manages department’s budget.
This Position Reports to VP Global Engineering and EH&S and is based in the Pine Brook, NJ office.
There are no direct reports for this position.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws, and governing regulations that pertain to the EH&S, fire, facilities and utilities operations of the Facilities
- Work with external EH&S resources to establish and maintain a fully compliant and safe environment for the offices and laboratory operations
- Ensure all permits relating to Facilities, Utilities, EH&S, Environmental, Waste Management are current
- Conduct internal EH&S audits and training
- Liaise with R&D and other EH&S managers to ensure safety data for new products is adequately addressed and transferred to the receiving site
- Ensure all SDS are available as required
- Coordinate inspections performed by various external Agencies and other Regulatory bodies as it pertains to this position
- Work with Quality to ensure appropriate to this department SOPs are current and proper training is performed
- Proactively manage facility services such as cleaning services, various maintenance activities for Facilities and Utilities operations, waste management and disposal, receiving/shipping functions and warehousing
- Negotiate Maintenance and other supplies contracts to maintain fully functional operations
- Manage the security access system, burglar and surveillance systems for the premises, issue security access cards, respond to alarms, conduct training and interface with external agencies pertaining to security of the premises
- Coordinate with landlord to ensure timely snow removal, parking availability and lighting, inspections, repairs, and any other activity pertaining to the areas of responsibility
- Manage small number of company cars ensuring for their proper maintenance, upkeep, registration renewals, etc.
- Execute small renovations projects, manage space allocation, office moves and relocations
- Coordinate with HR to manage illness and injuries, issue monthly and yearly report for EH&S related items
- Provide timely reporting for critical issues and coordinate with HR Severe/Inclement weather notifications
- Issue Purchase orders as necessary and approve invoices as authorized
- Manage the staffing performance and outcomes of assigned team reporting to this position.
- Manage facility operating budgets
- Identify and implement approved cost reduction solutions.
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Leadership Experience managing multi-level internal and external relationships
- In depth knowledge and experience managing pharmaceutical laboratory facilities and offices,
- Good experience with EH&S programs and compliance for similar facilities
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful relationships with and influence colleagues, management, internal and external people
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- As this position is supporting so many different end users “customers”, Customer Focus, proven record of providing excellent customer service is required
- Good organizational, management, and supervisory skills
- Experience in matrix management organization desirable
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on Excel and possess the ability to analyze data
Minimum Required Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar facilities management and EH&S
- Experience with Pharmaceutical R&D laboratory operations desirable
This position will manage the Facilities budget, issue RFPs related to the job function, evaluate quotations, issue Purchase requisitions and POs and approve invoices up to the limit of authority
“We are and EEO Employer.”