The National Account Director is responsible for the daily account management of the assigned customers. They must carry out strategies and tactics for obtaining, maintaining and expanding the utilization of the company's products in an effort to achieve annual sales objectives. The National Account Director is responsible for making in-person calls to gain and maximize access for all Alvogen products and address any and all customer needs. He or she must direct a best in class persona for our company.
The National Account Director reports to the VP Generic Sales & Marketing.
- Provides sales management with written and oral summaries for all assigned accounts.
- Maximize sales and profitability within assigned accounts via demand creation. Manages daily customer activities.
- Coordinates efforts with all accounts to facilitate and insure we are building strong working relationships including obtaining input on business plans for driving revenues.
- Maximizes performance by providing value added services and market intelligence.
- Analyze and suggest account plans by determining the current value, future potential and priority of assigned accounts with reference to sales and profit, market influence and impact. Provide comprehensive information on all customer accounts.
- Obtains and maintains all the necessary information necessary for meeting the needs of both the customer and Alvogen.
- Review customer contracts to be certain they are consistent with corporate objectives. Manages discounts and allowances while limiting our financial exposure.
- Represent Alvogen in a professional manner and continue to build the image of our company.
Bachelor’s Degree in business or life sciences. MBA or other advanced degree in pharmacy or other related discipline preferred.
- Industry Experience Required
- Two (2) to four (4) years in pharmaceutical industry with one (1) year of prior experience as a Regional or National Account Manager.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical sales and commercial contracting.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Budgetary Skills:
- Provide annual business reviews for account responsibilities.
- Computer Skills:
- Knowledge of computers with proficiency in using MS Office, MS Outlook and business software systems commonly used in the pharmaceutical industry such as SAP, CRM or MRP.
- Must be able to navigate through Excel and PowerPoint.
- Analytical /Problem Solving Skills:
- Mastery of concepts, principles and methods to secure successful customer outcomes. Formulates logical and objective suggestions while recognizing alternatives and their implications.
- Strong strategic management skills and abilities. Ability to develop new ways of administering business and lead unprecedented projects.
- Provide cost-benefit analyses to substantiate decisions in product placement/selection.
- Communication Skills:
- Ability to speak on a one-to-one basis using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain information, explain policies, procedures, and persuade others to accept or adopt a specific opinion or action.
- Ability to make presentations to various groups and customers.
- Skills in writing concise, logical, grammatically correct analytical reports, policies and procedures as well as general office communications.
- Must demonstrate a collaborative work style, with a strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility and partner with internal customers and co-workers. Strong organizational, communication and project management skills
- Self-Management Skills:
- Ability to perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature under the stress of frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Skills in setting priorities accurately to reflect the relative importance of the job in a timely manner.
- Innovative skills in organizing materials, information, people in a systematic way to optimize efficiently and minimize duplication of efforts.
- Human Relations Skills:
- Demonstrated skills and abilities in establishing rapport and gaining the trust of others.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Aptitude to organize objectives and delegate responsibilities where applicable.
GMP DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY
We are an EEO Employer.